MVDCS aims to relieve poverty by establishing a centre that will serve a Hot Buffet Meals to the Beneficiaries and provide, or supplement an existing, Food Banks.
Currently, MVDCS' operations involve the following:
- Serving the Beneficiaries a Hot Buffet Meal consisting of hot food selections (i.e., meat, starch, vegetables), fresh salad/fruits, and beverages (juice, coffee, tea). At times, pastries are included.
- The Hot Buffet Meal is served in the gymnasium of St. Michael's Anglican Church (SMAC) at 409 East Broadway, Vancouver. 120 to 150 people are served each time.
- MVDCS provides a Hot Buffet Meal service 3 times per month on Fridays at 6 p.m. to those who visit SMAC to collect grocery bags under SMAC's Food Bank program.
- Donors include companies such as Cobs Breads, Vancouver Whole Produce, Freybe Meats, Starbucks, and others.
- 2 to 3 people are involved in managing the collection of foodstuff each week from the donor companies, supported by 5 to 8 volunteers.
- 4 to 5 people are involved in managing the buffet set-up, supported by 15 to 20 volunteers.